Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Picking a Pediatrician (or more like Being Picked by a Pediatrician)

Apparently, your baby on the way, needs a doctor before they're even born. Why you might ask? Because when the baby's born, the hospital will ask which pediatrician to call to come check your baby. Can you imagine how many parents are blindsided by this? Apparently it's quite common for parents to randomly pick one, just so their baby can be seen. Which seems equally weird for the doctor, who gets paged out of the blue to come check on a family's baby they've never heard of! Luckily, we got the tip off to this insider's secret, and did what all parents-to-be do best - mass amounts of research! All the while, totally aware, that even though we're screening for a good doc., they don't have to take us on, and thus - we're kind of being interviewed too (see comic).

Thankfully, we struck gold in my opinion with the doctor we found. She's on my doctor's recommend list, takes our insurance, comes highly recommended by a mutual friend, her office is as cute as can be, it's right down the street by my OB, AND ........ the BEST part ................ her name is Dr. Ouchi. Yes, that's correct ... say it with me ... OUCHI!!! I can just imagine our little girl, telling us she has an "ouchy" and needs to see Dr. Ouchi. PRECIOUSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, ok - before I get too carried away, it's technically pronounced Oh-Chee (bummer!) .... but it's way too much fun to call her Dr. Ouch-eee!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I remember reading on the whole 'pick your pediatrician' stuff in all the books. THEN when I went on to be a good little girl, do research and try to go in and see them to select one, I was told by my insurance that you can't 'pick one' until the baby's born ;)...I guess I could have mentally, but I just let it go. One less thing for me to think about at the time. And turned out just as God intended, just after Emma was born, a friend that works for Kaiser asked if I needed a rec, I took hers and we heart our doc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and sounds like you got a good one - good office, cute name and all ;0

    ReplyDelete