Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What's in a (nick) name?

Almost from the moment I gave birth to Adeline, I was asked, "Do you call her Addy?" Too in love with her precious name, and not yet acquainted with the little creature well enough to know what suited her, I gave very tentative, vague responses ... kind of along the lines of, "No, but I won't be offended if you do." (And really, what kind of a response is that?)

Now after 9 months, the little dare devil has earned many a nick name. Some of these were short-lived and are now retired, some are still in rotation. In no particular order ... here's what she'll answer to!

  • Adel-lion
  • Pumpkin
  • Punkin
  • Punkin pie
  • Addy Lou
  • Lou Lou
  • Little Girl
  • Big Girl
  • Love
  • Lovey
  • Sweet Pea
  • Baby
  • A
  • Little A
  • Dinosaur
  • Sack of Potatoes 
  • And of course, Addy!

2 comments:

  1. They are all precious!! I can't wait to give little punkin a squeeze ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I was one of those peeps! Sorry if it bugged ;0 I heart Addy and all the others too ;0 Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete