Monday, December 20, 2010

Upgrade!

I think I may have just experienced my first mother's guilt-induced upgrade at EZ Lube.

My conversation that typically goes something like this .... :
  • EZ Lube: Mam, here's the list of all the things we suggest you take care of today. Change oil, replace filter, rotate tires, clean engine oil, and change power steering oil.
  • Me: Just the oil change, thanks.
  • EZ Lube: Mam, the performance of your car depends on these things being in top working order and there are risks involved for neglecting them.
  • Me: Yah, I'll talk to my husband about that, just the oil change, thanks.
  • EZ Lube: Sign here that we're not liable, thanks.
  • Me: Sure, no problem! There you go!

Instead went kind of like this ... :
  • EZ Lube: Mam, there's a bunch of stuff we recommend you take care of today.
  • Me, interested: Really, ok. Like what?
  • EZ Lube: Blah blah blah (is pretty much what I heard)
  • Me: Wow, is it unsafe if I don't go ahead?
  • EZ Lube: It could be.
  • Me: Hmm....(Thoughts running wild -- You're on the road 60 miles a day! You could get a blow out! Think of the baby! Don't be a bad mom! Do the right thing!)
  • Me: Yes, ok, whatever you say.
  • EZ Lube: That will be $100.
  • Me: Wow, OK, but money well-spent!

That was definitely my most expensive oil change to date, but hey, safety first! I'm sure this is only the beginning of many guilt-induced, rationalized expenditures to come in the next 7.5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment