Monday, August 8, 2011

Pregnant in Heels


Inspired by a meeting with KTLA-TV this afternoon - and the desire to be 2 inches taller and feel human again - I paired a work dress with my favorite pair of Calvin Klein pointy-toed silver heels (but of course wore my comfy TOMS until I set foot into work - I'm not THAT crazy).

And I couldn't help but be reminded of (and mourn) BRAVO's "Pregnant in Heels" - a short-lived reality show about a pregnancy concierge in Manhattan (I heart you Rosie Pope despite your ridiculous lisp and accent!). Undeterred by the ridiculousness of the show - from baby naming focus groups to in-hospital full-on hair and make-up teams that ready post-birth mamas for picture time - I truly enjoyed it and wish it were still on-air (I guess I don't have enough guilty pleasures? Well, I've weaned myself from The Bachelor, so that's open to debate).

So it got me to thinking ... hey! I've got some spin-off ideas based on my journey! For your amusement ....
  • Pregnant on the 405 (the documentary)
  • Pregnant in a Stick Shift (the game show)
  • Pregnant with the Flu (from Hell) (Exorcist IV)
  • Pregnant in an Apartment with No Elevator (the tragedy)
  • Pregnant and Caffeinated (because "half caff" isn't as catchy) (a Lifetime special)
  • Pregnant and Hormonal (the chick flick)
  • Pregnant and Clueless (the drama)
  • Pregnant at the Dentist (a "Dateline" exclusive on the ills of our nation's health insurance)
  • Pregnant at Work (the soap opera)
  • Pregnant at Disneyland (the family comedy)
  • Pregnant with Shingles (an episode of Dr. Oz)
  • Pregnant in Flats (the "girl next door" spin-off to "Pregnant in Heels")

3 comments:

  1. I would like to be a guest on pregnant in an apartment with no elevator :-)! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously hilarious! ;0 ...at this stage 'up all night' (the new tv show this fall wtih christina applegate) is looking like it'll be a hit in our home!

    ReplyDelete