Thursday, August 25, 2011

Push Present

How are husbands supposed to get the memo about "Push Presents" unless their detail-oriented, diligent, and "so on top of things" wives tell them? They're not! Which is why I thoughtfully took it upon myself to give him the 411.

So ... come again? Push Present? Though pretty self-explanatory, I'll explain. Us crafty women turned labor into yet another way to eek out a fabulous gift out of our adoring men. The idea is that we're birthing THEIR baby, and thus, are deserving of a little trinket of sorts. Totally reasonable right? I initially brought it up in jest, but soon had myself absolutely convinced that I too was deserving of some little token, despite Jared's protests that OUR CHILD is gift enough. Blah, blah, blah - an amazing cherished miracle - yes, I KNOW - but mama likes her some presents too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So without further ado ... here's my (well, OUR ... I am planning on breastfeeding after all) Push Present (cuz after all, I plan on making my birth partner WORK IT too) ...



Forget jewelry (I'd just loose it or break it), forget a nice handbag (I've got a spiffy new diaper bag, after all), what I cannot wait to do is celebrate our amazing, precious daughter with a toast, featuring a nice glass of Santa Barbara Syrah! I worked in the wine biz for a few years in Santa Barbara after college and remember Qupe being incredible, and Syrah is one of Santa Barbara's pride and joys. Plus, we got an aerator for Christmas and I can't wait to use it on a nice big red! And yes - I already got a box of Milkscreen for post-wine fun. Not to worry.

Thank you hubby for being a sweetheart and helping me celebrate my wine fast with a really special bottle!

1 comment: