Sunday, January 23, 2011

Conquistadorable

As I learned yesterday, the antidote to a bad day when pregnant, is the same as when you're not -- a mani/pedi. After one of the most frustrating, grumpy mornings in recent history, I called my fave nail place in Santa Monica in a panic to see if I could get in .... like now.

All planets aligned and within an hour and a half, I was surrounded by People magazines and the soft murmur of Mandarin, with my hands and toes soaking in warm water. Day redeemed!

But what most made this appointment fun and memorable was the pedi nail polish I chose. All girls know hot pink toes are your reward for opting for something conservative up top. At this point, the appointment was all about emotional comfort, not necessarily beautification, so it was super important the polish had a fun name. After rejecting several "berry something or other" shades, I came across "Conquistadorable." That's it! Strong, powerful, in control ... yet oh-so-cute.


I may have returned to unresolved issues back at home that day, but armed more relaxed, lookin' good, and with a new slogan ... "By the Power of Conquistador!"

No comments:

Post a Comment